Do you love tech or do you avoid it as much as possible? We know you have opinions—that’s why we’ve formed the Student Technology Advisory Committee (STAC). We want that candid feedback about technology services at IU.
What is the STAC?
When you join the STAC, UITS teams will use your input to help make decisions about technology and tools that shape the student experience. The time commitment is low, and as a bonus, it looks great on your resumé.
The Student Technology Advisory Committee (STAC) will provide:
- feedback on technology plans and initiatives at IU
- assistance with technology student outreach events and initiatives
Student benefits of STAC membership
The STAC experience will benefit students by:
- giving them a voice and sense of ownership in technologies available at IU and how they are created, deployed, and improved
- providing them an opportunity to learn about different careers in technology through conversations with UITS staff
- offering a fun, social environment with fellow students
- improving technology for students at IU
How it works
The committee meets once a month for 1-2 hours from September to April.
Have questions about joining the STAC? Email email@example.com .
These are just a few of the many questions IU IT staff put to a student panel in an hour-long session at the last Statewide IT Conference. And what was the overwhelming response from the attendees? That an hour was not nearly long enough. They want to hear more from students about your experience with technology at IU.
Your voice can make an impact on IU technologies by joining a STAC!