Do you love tech or do you avoid it as much as possible? We know you have opinions—that’s why we’re forming Student Technology Advisory Committees (STACs). We want that candid feedback about technology services at IU.
What is a STAC?
When you join a STAC, UITS teams will use your input to help make decisions about technology and tools that shape the student experience. The time commitment is low, and as a bonus, it looks great on your resumé.
The Student Technology Advisory Committees (STACs) will provide:
- feedback on technology plans and initiatives at IU
- assistance with technology student outreach events and initiatives
Student benefits of STAC membership
The STAC experience will benefit students by:
- giving them a voice and sense of ownership in technologies available at IU and how they are created, deployed, and improved
- providing them an opportunity to learn about different careers in technology through conversations with UITS staff
- offering a fun, social environment with fellow students
- improving technology for students at IU
How it will work
The committees will meet once a month for 1-2 hours starting in September 2022 and ending in April 2023.
Agendas and more information about meetings and events will be posted here when they're available.
Have questions about joining a STAC? Email email@example.com .
These are just a few of the many questions IU IT staff put to a student panel in an hour-long session at the latest Statewide IT Conference. And what was the overwhelming response from the attendees? That an hour was not nearly long enough! They want to hear more from students about your experience with technology at IU.
Your voice can make an impact on IU technologies by joining a STAC!